Saturday, December 28, 2019

I might be back...

Hello all....mostly my mom I am sure!  I am toying with the idea of blogging again.  I am not sure anyone reads blogs anymore, but I figure the internet isn’t going away anytime soon and blogging was my way of scrapbooking for our kids.  My last real blog post was three years ago.  Yikes!  

I stopped blogging for a few reasons...some that I won’t discuss.  I can say that life also got busy.  Homeschooling five kiddos takes a lot of time...but teaching is what I love to do, so I am not complaining.  This is the stage of life we are in.  As the kids get older it seems our stages shift.

Teaching a high schooler is a bit more challenging as now things really count, so I really stay on top of her more so than I used to.

I am back to teaching a preschooler as well!  Most days he could care less...but when he does want to learn we have fun!  We have only made it to the letter M in the past two years...so that is progress right?!  

Our 5th and 7th grader rarely need me schoolwise.  I just give them their daily assignments and they go to town.  Our 3rd grader is getting there with some subjects.  He gets distracted easily, so I set the timer for 45 minutes.  He works and then gets a break to play.  If I don’t, his schoolwork drags out all day!

I stay busy obviously with homeschooling, as I mentioned.  I also am heading into year four with my business Create   I love making shirts and decals for people.  My hubs asked me the other day how much business (moneywise) I have made since I started.  My mark-up is not that high as I feel like I am gifting a little bit to each customer...but I have made well over 1000 items...maybe 2000...I don’t keep track.  All of my business proceeds go into a vacation fund.  I like to take the kids on special trips in pairs...this next one will be just our boys.  I have also treated Sean to an Alaskan cruise.  I have worked since I was sixteen with many different types of start-ups...I just like doing something that is my own...and is fun at the same time.  The minute it stops being fun...I will start a different business!

Well I have gone on...Hopefully I will write again soon!

Thanks for reading!
(Mom:))

Ps...I am not the best writer..so pardon all of the errors!

Here are a few pics of the kids from Christmas morning.















No comments:

Post a Comment