Monday, January 3, 2022

New Years 2022!

As many of you know I am originally from Omaha, however I haven't lived there in 15 years!!   Before moving to Grand Island, I attended the same church since I was a baby.  I will always also consider it my home church, even though the dynamic has changed a bit since we moved away.  Every year, for as long as I can remember, our old church has thrown a huge New Year's Eve party.  We haven't attended it for six years as we have been either sick or already traveling.  This year it was held at an entertainment center-featuring a costume contest, arcade games, inflatables, music, and food.  Our boys enjoyed playing laser tag and going on a virtual reality game.  Our girls had a harder time, as they aren't as extroverted as the boys are.   I guess as a teen girl I probably wouldn't have just walked up to a group and made conversation, so they are a lot like I was at their age.  I enjoyed catching up with a few friends who I haven't seen in a while.  I should have taken more pics!  My friend Mel always throws great parties!!

I think Weston was nursing an injury to his head...they were throwing plastic balls.

We were well aware that the weather was going to keep us in Omaha longer than we had originally anticipated.  We ended up enjoying two movies- Spiderman and Sing 2.  Both were great movies...and the theaters were a lot nicer than ours here in Grand Island!   We also enjoyed two street taco joints!  We don't get invited to very many things in Omaha anymore, but always try to make it to things when we are invited.  It was a fun, COLD weekend and I am glad we were able to get away for a weekend!

Kate & I
Landon working on thawing out!  He forgot his winter coat!                                            
Everything was closed at dinner time on New Year's Day so we had a really healthy dinner of wine and gluten free chocolate cake:)😜
Weston at the hotel
                                                  
Waiting for the movie to begin

Landon always wants his pic taken!



No comments:

Post a Comment