Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 2014!

Who would have guessed that in four months of living here I would have met some awesome friends and my kids would be surrounded with lots of new friends. I sure didn't. It took me over a year and a half to make a single friend when we moved outside of Lincoln 8 years ago. These past few days we have been hanging out with friends at parties and having fun. A good nap was in order for me today!

Yesterday our Co-op had a Valentine's day party. We made Valentines for all of the kiddos, made cards for a nursing home, and enjoyed Valentine goodies.

 

Not knowing that our co-op group had a party of our own we had already started inviting away for our own party. The kids made a list of all of their friends from various activities. Quiet a few sick kiddos in the end and car problems, so we missed seeing several, but we ended up having a pretty good turnout! A thank you goes out to my aunt Nan who has supplied us with enough stuff to throw a party!

And to top off this day...a friend from church is coming over for dinner! No presents here...just great company is all I need!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment