Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ready for a re-do!

Let's just say these past two weeks have been two of the longest weeks that we have had in a long time! We took off the week before last from school because we were getting hardwood floors installed and had two Valentine's Day parties to get ready for. The kids and I needed a break...so we took it. The week went off without a hitch except for my grandma passing away. My energy level was extremely low towards the end of the week and the flood gates opened for who knows what. I haven't been so sick in quiet a long time. Thank goodness it was a weekend, so I could just lay in bed. I was hopeful that Monday would be a new day...Katelyn then got a fever. She was fine on Tuesday. Then Joc got a fever. She had to miss my grandma's funeral. They both had a fever Wednesday. Nothing on Thursday and then sick again until today. So far as of tonight we are fever free! Two weeks off from school and I am anxious to get back into the swing of things.

My grandma's funeral was lovely. Quiet a few friends and family came out....that really meant a lot. The gospel was preached and hopefully reached the crowd. You find out about different practices that are out there..that I still don't get. My mom got a card saying that 6 masses have been paid for my grandma. We are both a bit confused. If anyone can explain that to me, that would be great. The praying is done for my grandma...so not sure why someone has wasted their money on some more church services. Enlighten me please. Maybe they are paying for the families that are grieving?? Why should you have to pay though?

After taking a few weeks off from life because of crud, I headed back to the gym yesterday. It felt oh so good! I have A LOT of work to do in the next month. I am running a 10k (6.2 miles) and then in May I am running a half (13.1 miles). I hope my body can make it. I just want to beat my last years time by at least a minute....or more would be great.

Who else is a bit bummed that the olympics are over? I am. My goal is to one day go to an olympic event.

I am oh so excited when people visit us! A friend from Omaha came by and spent Valentine's evening with us. We have people visiting us a few times next month as well!! I can not wait! So as the weather gets nicer and everyone is coming out of hybernation, we would love to host anyone that wants to head our way.

There are quiet a few people that need some extra prayers right now. I won't mention their names...

A friend of mine is having a great deal of pain and has not been able to figure out what is wrong. She has 4 littles ones like us.

Also another friend is at the beginning stages of pregnancy and needs prayers for things seen on an ultrasound.

My mom and her siblings need prayer as they go through the grieving process of losing their mom.

And last a believer who I believe is fornicating. Hopefully she will come to her senses and repent. If a guy really loves you, he will wait. If he won't...he isn't worth it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment