Monday, July 4, 2011

3rd of July-- Party!

I had convinced myself that our 4th of July weekend was ruined.  My back..or something...went out...again.  I woke up on Friday morning and sure enough..I couldn't walk, sit, or stand without being in extreme pain.  It was even painful when I was lying down.  I was hoping after getting a good days rest that it would get better on it's own like the last time...and then another days, rest, and another.  Things weren't improving.  It was stressful around here, as we were completely out of routine.  I was trying to verbally describe everything to my husband and Jocelyn....I was an emotional wreck because I couldn't do anything.  I felt terrible because Sean's weeks are stressful enough at work and the last thing I would want to wish on him during his weekend was to have to care for the kids and house.  
Since it is a holiday weekend, I am patiently waiting for Tuesday to roll around so I can get into a chiropractor.  It might be easy to say take some pain meds or go see a dr. however I am still nursing and really limited to what I can take.  Plus that will just mask the pain and probably won't fix it for good.  
We are on a countdown to our road trip...and I need to be able to at least walk a little better..and sit without being in pain.  My mom is coming and spending a few days here so I can hopefully go to the chiropractor without kids in tow and hopefully get some packing done.  
In the meantime..we made it to some dear friends' house on Sunday night.  Even though I pretty much just sat the entire time, I had a really good evening.  The girls had a great time playing with their friends and we watched a wonderful fireworks show put on by their neighbors.  Here are a few pictures from our night!  I hope you had a nice 4th of July!!!
The kids playing on hay bales
Volleyball
The kids waiting for potatoes to be shot at them
Easton being a ham
My baby boy
Dreaming of being bigger
Sean helping he be a bit bigger
My Katelyn girl
Sean and I!
Catching fireflies
Excited to be catching fireflies for the first time with dad
Squishing his firefly
Waiting
Hard to capture on camera...Great show though!

No comments:

Post a Comment