Summer has officially started in my book...even though isn't it spring for a few more weeks?
Every year I make a bucket list as to what I want to do with the kids and what I want to do with our family as a whole. I checked off 2 items today! Woot!
1. Swim. Swim. Swim. My kids love to swim and it is soooo refreshing. I could hardly wait until the outdoor pool at the Y reopened for the season. We went today....and have many more afternoons by the pool ahead of us!
3. Beach. We have these wonderful beaches with palm trees here in Nebraska. You haven't seen them? Huh? Not sure. We have a beach 5 minutes from our house. The kids LOVE sand...so I can't wait to take them so they can play around. During the day...hardly anyone is there, so we usually have the place to ourselves!
4. Pick strawberries. Silly, I know. But I have taken the kids to pick strawberries for the last 4 years. It is one of those must do events for us! Hopefully the crop will be ready in a few weeks!
6. Visit the zoo as many times as we can! We have access to 2 great zoos...one being the ranked as the best zoo in the world. I would have to agree on that one! Our local children's zoo has quiet a few fun activities scheduled throughout the summer! We went to a few last year, but I am hoping to attend a few more this year. The nice part about the Omaha zoo is that even though there is quiet a bit of walking because it is so big, a lot of their buildings are air conditioned! Woo hoo!
7. Waterparks! That might have to go up with #1, but we have 3 waterparks within an hours drive that I am hoping to go to. We have been before, but now that the kids are older and it is easier to take them to these places alone, my goal is to hit all 3!
1. Bike rides! It is getting pretty hot...however we are hoping to sneak a few in before the fall. We have some great trails in Lincoln.
3. Spend time at the lake! We have a boat...but only took it out once last year. Boo! Hopefully we can take it out a bit more this summer. We have a mini-vacation booked on a lake...so hopefully the weather will be good for that little getaway.
I am sure I am forgetting many, many things...especially on the family
list. Sean is planning on cycling around a million miles over the
summer, so I don't want to overwhelm him by piling up things on my wish
Sans kids...river rafting. I really want to go river rafting with the hubs. Not sure we will get a chance...but that would be nice.
What kind of things are on your bucket list? Want to get together and help me check anything off? Give me a jingle (or e-mail). Have anything we should add? Let me know:)