Saturday, July 2, 2016

Surprising my mom!

My mom's birthday was yesterday! Earlier this week the kids and I decided we would travel to Omaha and surprise my mom! The girls had a great plan on how to surprise my mom...(video here).

She was really surprised! We hung out that afternoon at my parents house, before heading to Bible study at our old church. It was nice seeing a few friends.

The next morning we took my mom out for breakfast at Wheatfields.

We then went to the Joslyn Art Musuem. It was really fun and we can't wait to go back to see more of it. They had an interactive room for kids, where they could do different art projects. We were able to visit a few of the hallways with art.

After that we drove by the College World Series and the Olympic swim trials. Omaha was sure bustling that day! I wish we could have gotten out to enjoy some of the exhibits, but I didn't want to mess wit parking and walking.

We visited Central Park Mall downtown and walked around and then had lunch in the Old Market! The kids fed the fish their spit and left over cinnamon rolls from breakfast.

It was a great day! I am glad we could spend it with my mom!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment