Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An anniversary surprise for Sean!

So I am not good with surprising Sean. I tell him just about everything. This was my chance to prove to myself that I could truly surprise him. He took many guesses...he actually guessed the surprise correctly, but I didn't tell him if he was right or not. A few months ago, I was chatting with my friend Sarah and she put a little birdy in my ear about a silent auction that the Lincoln Journal Star has and how her husband's aviation place has discovery flights posted. I was super excited! That would make the perfect gift for Sean. Back in the day (as I say) ok just a mere 20 years ago Sean had over 200 hours of flight time on record, but couldn't afford to keep up the hobby once he started college. I thought he would like to relive some memories of his past. I told him the surprise over dinner before we headed off. He thought it would be a nice thing to do-- yeah!! So we took a flight around Lincoln. It was the perfect night for it. Clear weather and we could see for miles! One of my friends even saw us! (ok I texted her to go outside when we were flying over our house..but hey she saw the plane and maybe Easton did too--not sure!) I was hoping that the pilot would let Sean fly and she let him taxi on the runway, but that was it...bummer! She said she lets people fly...oh well. We both had a nice night "above" the town...and it was nice to be away from all of the kiddos:)

3 comments: