Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Finished unpacking!

I can finally say that I am officially unpacked!  My hubs has a few more of his boxes to unpack and with the exception our winter coats box, I am unpacked!  AND BOY DOES IT FEEL GOOD!

We have been in packing mode since late August and we have been in unpacking mode for a few weeks now.  I feel like I can finally breathe and just move on with our lives here in our new home.  Our new life. 

We are back on track with schooling.  I can now focus and sit down with all four kids during the day.  The attention span of the boys with school related is still at around 3 minutes...but hey it is progress...right!?  They have been in playmode for this school year...so maybe next time it will be 4 minutes!:)  They get so creative with their play...like today, I am working with the girls at the kitchen table and I notice Thomas the Trains are dropping from the balcony above...I go up there and Easton made a nice little train ramp...can we say a bit dangerous!!  Gotta give him credit...pretty creative!

Reading books have been put by the wayside...I know horrible.  Jocelyn just plain doesn't like to read.  Even though she can and is good at it...but since we were so busy, I haven't "made" her read except for school related things.  She just finished her first 100+ page book in a while.  Katelyn...she loves to read and just finished her second larger book in two days.  Baby steps with motivation.  Baby steps! 

We have quiet a few "housey" projects that will be taking place.  Sean is going to paint our old bedroom set and pass it down to the kiddos.  Their new closets are a bit smaller than our old houses so we have no where to put jeans, undies, socks and other misc items.  I can't wait to see the finished project.  If I knew how to operate a can of spray paint...I would have went to town and had them finished already.  Sean is busy with work...so I need to patient!

Pray for us as we will be heading on our first road trip down to Missouri soon.  It is a bit farther now and we are taking separate cars...and leaving at separate times.  The hubs doesn't think it is cool to hunt or haul a deer in a minivan. 

Also pray for us as the kiddos are going to be trying out a new Wednesday night church program tonight at a local Christian church.  We have never been, but I am excited for them.  We already know 3 of the families that attend, so it is fun that we are starting to slowly connect.


Here are few pictures that I posted on facebook over the past few weeks! 

The kids and I on Husker game day!
The kids riding their bikes for the first time (on real sidewalks).  Took some training...but I think they caught on! 
I love that Jocelyn and I can finally work in the kitchen without bumping into each other!  She is making pumpkin muffins in this picture!
Easton was so proud of his letter train he asked me to take his picture!
Back to school for the kiddos...music, Bible, Spelling games, and just fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment