Friday, July 23, 2010

Hate grocery shopping?


I love Hy-Vee food stores! I do. I know that is lame to write a blog about my favorite grocery store. No, I am not running out things to write about either—my head is full of ideas! Anyways, why is it that I love Hy-Vee? They are a lifesaver for me. I once DREADED going grocery shopping. It is getting easier now that Katelyn is old enough to not have to be in a shopping cart, but in November we will back to square one of trying to figure out how to fit two kids in a shopping cart. Many grocery stores only have a limited number of two seater shopping carts and some don’t have them at all. I have had to grocery shop several times with Jocelyn walking and a shopping cart just for the other two and then one for groceries. What a sight!

Anyways, I love Hy-Vee because for a small $10.00 fee you can shop online and they will grocery shop for you and you just have to pick your order up. Some Hy-Vee’s even have the drive-up option where you can just call the customer service and you don’t have to get out of your car! Love that!

Another benefit of online grocery shopping is that you can take time to compare prices, brands, quantities, and make some sound choices regarding your purchases instead of quickly rushing through the store before meltdowns happen.

You can take advantage of Hy-Vee’s weekly specials and also use coupons too!

Depending on how the store has their system set up, sometimes they show you what the product actually looks like before buying! I have heard some complaints about how Hy-Vee is more expensive that other grocery stores. Did you know that Hy-Vee has their own brand and is very comparable to other chains? They do! Also, their selection is crazy!

Anyways, the link to start is: http://www.shopouraisles.com/

For your first shopping trip…set aside some time so you can find your groceries. This is the most tedious thing at first. After your first shopping trip, your previous orders are saved you just have to simply click on the quantities and then just add to your next order.

Also, it says you can submit up to 7am or 8am the day of pick-up. I highly recommend submitting 48 hrs in advance. The particular Hy-Vee that I go to did not get my first two orders and they finally told me the process of how things work. Some are probably better than the particular location I go to. They were under some major construction at the time and things seemed kind of hectic.

One last point…the customer service at Hy-Vee is superb! I have always found that they go above and beyond when asked…or even volunteer their services to help carry out groceries for me, even though that is not typically a thing they do…unless you ask.

I could go on…trust me….if you HATE taking your kids to the grocery store or just hate grocery shopping in general, it is well worth the $10 fee!

Also—shop at Sam’s Club? Try Amazon instead—free shipping and no tax on hundreds of bulk items (diapers, wipes, dog food, books, electronics, snacks, cereal etc) Also, Alice.com is a online grocery service.

No comments:

Post a Comment