Saturday, July 17, 2010

Water, water, and more water!

My favorite part of the summer is that we can play in the water. Especially on hot days it is very refreshing for the kids and I to head to a local spray ground, play in our own little pool, or head to a water park. This past week the weather has been super hot, so we have taken advantage of local water attractions.
Mahoney State Park:
Live in Omaha or Lincoln? Never been? YOU HAVE TO GO TO THIS STATE PARK. It is a must! Ok if you are saying that you aren't into the swimming thing, there are quiet a few other activities available-- cabin rentals and camping, fishing, hiking, arts & crafts, sledding (when there is snow), climbing a tower, playing on an awesome swing set, miniature golf, golf driving range, ice skating, horse back riding, playing in the kids amusement center, and swimming in the water park. There are many more activities, but I am going blank right now. It is must go to place! It is only 20 minutes away from Omaha and 35-40 minutes away from Lincoln. Well worth the drive. Anyways, I was going to take Katelyn to the water park for her 3rd birthday, however when I looked up the prices I noticed that 2 and younger are free...so I took her a week before she turned two. My mom met me there and the kids had a ton of fun! Their favorite part was actually the motion ocean part, however I couldn't handle the waves very well. Here are a few pictures of our visit. Trago Sprayground: I did a separate post on this spray ground a few weeks ago. We met some friends there this past week also. It is slowly becoming the hot spot of Lincoln. Probably because it is free. I think there were maybe 13 of my friends there and the kids had so much fun playing with each other. I had a great time trying to play catch up with some of my friends. Kind of wore me out and I only got one picture of Jocelyn with a friend. Still LOVE that place!Our own backyard: If you have ever been to our house, our yard is not pool friendly. We have quiet a slope. Our first summer here we tried to put up a large 3 ft pool and that didn't work out too well...it caved over to one side and the water just poured out. We got estimates for putting in a pool...kind of a tricky deal with our yard and trees...so for now we have a kiddie pool for the girls and a baby pool for Easton. The girls both have birthdays coming up so we surprised them with a fun outdoor water toy. As Sean set it up the neighborhood kids flocked over and we had a little group taking their turns on the slide. It is so much fun and they all had a good time. Poor little Easton is still a bit young, but might like it a bit more next year.

This video was filmed sideways and is super short!

No comments:

Post a Comment