Saturday, December 29, 2012

Need a New Year's Resolution?

I am not really into New Year's resolutions.  I usually fail at them if I start...I am sure I am not alone.  But as the new year starts most of us are probably thinking how we can change something in our lives for next year.  Maybe it is to get in shape, not smoke, strengthen a relationship, organize our home....etc...it is a time for fresh starts and goal making! 

I have a huge goal for 2013...Run the Lincoln 1/2 Marathon on May 5th.   I signed up and there is no turning back.

I have a lot of work to do before the 1/2 marathon.  The farthest I have run...at a very slow snails pace....has been 8 miles.  This race is 13.1 miles and I want to finish...and not be last.   I want to be stronger for this race.  I also want to run a bit faster than I currently do.  I want to find shoes that feel good and don't bruise my feet...still working on that:) 

My official training will start February 10th.  I wrote out a pretty detailed training plan that will have me working out 5 days a week at first and then once I get into the swing of things 6 days a week. 

I want you to join me. 

How you can join:

Join my facebook group. 
  • It is titled 1/2 marathon training.  Sorry I couldn't think of a catchier name.   
  • You do not have to be training for the 1/2 marathon.  You could be training for a marathon.  Trying to lose weight by exercising.  Trying to just stay healthy by exercising.  Maybe you just want to run a mile.  You don't even have to be doing anything physically to join.  Maybe you are a good encourager for all of us out there. 
  • Post what you have done for the day.  By doing this, it may make your more accountable to start/stay in shape.  
  • Encourage others.
  • Provide tips for others.  Maybe you found a good strength video...or a class that started at a local gym.
For details on my journey:  Go here!  This link is actually on the front of my blog (1/2 Marathon training) You can also see what my training plan will look like.

To join the facebook group:  Go here!
You have to ask to join...and I will accept whoever wants to be in the group.  So spread the word.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment