Monday, October 21, 2013

Our new home...with a few questions for readers...

We are officially living in our new home in Grand Island, NE. City of I think 45,000. It about 2 hours and 14 minutes West of Omaha and and hour and 15 minutes west of Lincoln. We will probably be spending a lot of time in the car going to church in Omaha, visiting family, and friends. Thank goodness for a DVD player in the car!

The kids are not here yet. Sean and I are staying here trying to tie up some lose ends before the movers drop off our stuff on Tuesday. So I thought I would post a few pictures and ask a few questions to my friends...maybe some of you have some answers to my deep questions:)

Here is our front porch! The kids decorated it last week with our pumpkin patch goodies.

Here is our kitchen. I can not wait to start cooking and baking...however I think the meals on the menu for this week will be sandwiches and cereal. Fun times! I was so smart enough to bring cups, cereal, and milk so we didn't have to go out and eat breakfast. Totally forgot a spoon though....so I had to drink my cereal. Oops.

Here is where Tiger our cat is living right now. Yes he is spoiled. Yesterday I went out there to find him and he wasn't anywhere to be found. I panicked just a bit because he always comes when I call his name (indoors). I thought maybe he got trapped somewhere and had an accident. After going back inside to double check if Sean had already let him in...he decided to come out from hiding. I think he likes the storage wells under the boat.

How on earth do you change lighting that is around a million feet high? We have 5 different lighting areas that are super tall? Do people just buy a million foot ladders?

Can you store water in a wine coolers? We don't drink wine or anything that would go in there, so I was thinking to put water in there??

Here is the girls room and bath. The pink turned out to be a pepto bismal color, but I kind of like it. They are going to go for a zebra theme.

Here is the boys room. They have already set up their train track. Their theme is going to be hunting.

I painted this bad boy the other night. 4 hours later....So many little corners to trim. I think I am on the slow side of painting though. The closet was in really bad shape, so it looks a lot cleaner now. We did hire a painter to paint it, however after painting the kids' room they probably took one look at it and said no way...or they simply forgot. We were in a time crunch, so I had to take matters into my own hands.

Here is the bathroom that Sean and I are sharing. Any tips for a husband to not freak out when my things just happened to be a little bit on his side? Even though in all fairness my item was sitting on his side last week before lines were drawn. We have never shared a bathroom before, so this will take some getting used to.

Would anyone like this ugly flower decoration...the one way up high? We actually have 2 and I will be giving them away for free! The previous owners were so kind in leaving them here! Weren't they nice!? We are replacing them with the pictures at the bottom of the photo. I am hoping to never have to dust that area...ever.

Lastly I would like to give a shout out to my parents! They have been with my kiddos for 20 of the last 30 days. Bless their hearts...they will drive them here on Wednesday. Couldn't ask for a better set of parents. Love them!

Well I am off to the store to look at furniture and then unpack a few boxes. I am hoping to enjoy my quiet kidless day!:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment