Tuesday, March 4, 2014

It is coming!!!

I have a lot of things that I look forward to during the course of the year...but one of my (probably top 5) favorite weekends is the Nebraska Christian Homeschool Educators conference.  This year it is being March 28-29th in Lincoln, Nebraska! 

This conference is NOT just for those who home educate...granted most of the attendees will be homeschooling families, but I do know of a few families that attended that do not homeschool and right now have no interest in starting.  The workshops just sounded so appealing for everyday life, why not attend?

  I was just glancing at the conference agenda and there are some great workshops like:
  • Get Right on the Money With America’s Money Smart
  • Family
  •  Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half Without Becoming a
  • Coupon Queen  10 Things You Need to Teach Your Daughter Before
  • She Graduates  Raising Dangerous Sons in a Safe and Mediocre
  • World
  • Raising Real Kids For the Real World  
  • College Knowledge and Finances
  • Love People, Cook Them Tasty Food
  • Childhood Speech and Language Development-What
  • Should I Expect From My Child? 
  • Teaching Kids About Money Isn’t Kids Stuff  
  • How to Get Into the Best College At the Lowest Cost 
  •  Taming the Techno-Beast–Parenting in the Internet Age 
  •  Teaching Strategies for Students with Dyslexia and
  • Reading Struggles 
  •  Is College a Good Investment or a Waste of Time
  • and Money 
and these are just a few of the many that are being offered. 

If you want to read about several of the past workshops I have attended...look at the top of this blog and click on the link:  Homeschool Conferences!

There are also 3 vendor halls jammed packed with curriculum vendors.  Some are filled with games, cash & carry items, school supplies, manipulatives and are others are where you can order curriculum from a certain publisher.  I like going so I can see what I am actually teaching my kiddos before spending the money.
 
Photo from NCHEA facebook page

I also love reuniting with my friends from all over Nebraska that I do not get to see on a regular basis.  We get to catch up on how our year is going....and eat lunch without the kiddos!  

Another great thing that this conference offers is a kids and teen conference.  My girls have been going for a few years now and LOVE it.  Their conference is at a different church down the road and features music, drama, crafts, Bible verses, games...two days packed full of fun activities.  You can go if you are 5 years old, so Easton will be enjoying it this year for the first time!  
Jocelyn & Katelyn's family last year

If you want to join me and my friends in Lincoln for this conference you can register for the adult conference at the door or:  HERE
You do need to pre-register for the kids conference...I am having trouble finding a deadline for that...I do believe it has past...so you can keep that in mind for next year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment