Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Not out to win a popularity contest...

Looking back on my life I have never been part of the "popular" crowd. I never shared the worldy beliefs of many I was surrounded by in school. I typically don't just brush big things off by saying...what's the big deal like most. I think back to my high school and college days where going to the bars and getting drunk were a common thing. I look at my peers around me that thought I was aweful for not fornicating and sleeping around. How would I possibly know if a relationship would last with anyone if I didn't sleep with someone...they would say.

Here is the thing...what sets me apart from some...is that as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ...I am not set out to be the popular one in the crowd. I am not trying to get everyone to like me and "win" a crown in this world. I am realizing that even if someone claims to be saved...they aren't always the easy ones to get along with because worldy views often trump what the Bible actually says. No one wants to hurt someones feelings. No one wants to be judged by another...but guess what? If someone is also a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and is saved...as a fellow believer I am to be bold when it comes to warnings in the Bible.

I have recently failed when it comes to being bold about the relationship with a fellow believer that they had with another and when it was too late and I asked a simple question if this other person was saved...I was called judgemental and offensive by another fellow believer. It breaks my heart that being saved is sometimes thrown to wayside by other fellow believers and obviously not a very important thing to some.

Lesson learned the hard way...I need to be more bold...and not ashamed at what the Gospel of Christ...the Bible...says. Just because someone says they are saved...they may not know what the Bible says or even care.

Please pray for me to be bold.

Please pray for those who are believers... that they get back on track and open their eyes to the word.

Romans 1:16: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also the Greek. 17. For therein is the righteousness of God revelaed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who holds the truth in unrighteousness, 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment