Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What to do with all the school stuff...

Last year I attended a homeschool conference in Omaha called Teach Them Diligently. It was a great conference and I learned quiet a bit. I truly think they should rename it to be Teach ME diligently...because really they are teaching me how to better teach my kiddos.

One of the workshops I attended was on notebooking. This was a new concept to me...and I had a major duh moment while listening. The presentor presented many things that she does with her kids and how they put their daily projects in a notebook. At the end of the year, sometimes I have that thought....what the heck did we do all year...this was a great solution! We can notebook like she did and reminisce about what we learned.

This school year we have done just that! Notebooking! I bought my three oldest kiddos 3-ring binders and we filled them with empty page protectors. Each time they complete something new like a picture, diagram, etc I have them put it in their notebook. Problem solved...every piece of important paper now has a home!

Any family can do the same thing...whether you homeschool or your kids are in a public school setting!

I plan on doing this every year until they graduate from high school. It will be a lot of binders, but I think it will be well worth it in then end.

Here are a few things that we have put in our notebooks!

Jocelyn:

Katelyn:

Easton:

Poor Weston

Poor Weston just has a little folder of his works of art. I need to buy him a binder though!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment