Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Our memorial day weekend didn't quiet go as planned...

I was looking forward to this past weekend for quiet some time now. We didn't have any concrete plans, except going to Omaha. We haven't seen our church family since last I was excited about that. It was also an extra day that Sean had off from work...I always enjoy those days.

We kicked it off on Friday by going to the park to take spring photos. I took them again this season and I am a bit biased, but I think they turned out cute. I would love an all family photo, but coordinating schedules this time of year is tricky.

I got a bit sunburned just being at the park for an hour. It itched a bit, but I ignored it and went on with our day and evening. When I was getting ready for bed I noticed that I was blothchy all over. Not on top of my skin, but underneath...white and red blotchy. I felt itchy all over...but then realized it wasn't really an itch, I was essentially being electricuted randomly. It honestly was the same pain intensity as being in labor but all over your body. My lips, legs, and feet were the worst. I was not able to fall asleep until 5AM on Saturday morning, but only slept until 7AM. The kids had to entertain themselves inside all day on Saturday, since I couldn't go outside with them. The girls helped make dinner because it was painful to stand and Jocelyn tucked in the kids in for me at night. Not sure what I would do without them when I have down days.

By Saturday night the pain intensity was so great in my feet it felt like whatever was going on with my body was trying escape through my toes. I had another long night, but was able to get a bit more shut eye than the night before.

On Sunday, the pain was now in my head, but not as intense as the day before and by Sunday night I was pain free. I couldn't take anything for the pain, except allergy pills for a bit of relief...although it didn't help any. All in all...lesson learned...I am allergic to sulpha. Fun times!

Our weekend wasn't totally shot...On Sunday afternoon, we took the kids to Stolley Park to ride the train. They played at the park and they had ice cream from the sweet shop.

The kids then played outside in the pouring down rain!

On Monday we went to Stuhr Museum and walked around. I absolutely LOVE this place. Sean enjoyed it too!

We enjoyed ice cream there as well.

We also set up our swimming pool and the kids played away...despite the water being freezing cold!

So what ended up being a really crummy start to a weekend...ended with a very pleasant ending day!


No comments:

Post a Comment