Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day 2011!

Mother's Day!  Sometimes I don't know if I should feel excited about Mother's Day because I am a mom and I have a wonderful mother...or just think of others on this day because some are not mother's and want to be...or some have lost their mothers...or some live so far away from their mothers that they do not get to see them...or some no longer have relationships with their mothers.  So sometimes it is hard to celebrate a "holiday" when I know others are hurting.  I didn't even know that it was Mother's Day until last week and I had to look it up on the internet.  I hadn't really given it much thought.  My husband, Sean asked me on Friday night what I wanted to do with the family over the weekend for Mother's Day.  I didn't really know what to say as I hadn't put very much thought into it.  We typically go out to lunch at least once over the weekend, so just going out to lunch wasn't really any different than any other weekend.  I finally decided after much thought, I would like to take a break from being a mom for a few hours and just do my own thing around town.  Selfish...I know.  I felt bad for even thinking or mentioning it.  I just have so many places that I would like to visit that are not kid friendly...the list just keeps growing.  So I pouted and then sucked it up and decided I would just be content with whatever the weekend held.  
     On Saturday we ended up having a really nice time as a family.  We ate at Red Lobster and had a nice lunch...and a very yummy chocolate cake after the meal...YUM!  (not good for my body challenge though...but that is ok)  We then went to the mall and I got a pair of shorts that kind of fit.  I LOVE them...but bummer I still need to wear a belt.  I have major pants issues these days.  The next size down are too small and the size I bought are too big.  Oh well.  Afterwards, we played outside because the weather was BEAUTIFUL!  
      On Mother's Day we went to church and then met my parents at a local state recreation area.  It was a bit windy, but the temperature was just right for a picnic.  We had a great time feeding the fish and walking around.  The kids played on the playground and I just took it all in....enjoying Mother's Day with the one's who made it possible for me to be a mom!
Here are a few pictures from our day!  Enjoy!
My mom, with me and our kids!





No comments:

Post a Comment