Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Who do you know....

Think about everyone that you know.  Neighbors, friends, family.  How many people do you know that have been married for 50 years?  I hadn't really thought about that until this past weekend.
Unfortunately, people often pass away before they reach this milestone.  Unfortunately, marriage is taken for granted and the divorce rate is sky high in this country.

This past weekend we were invited to go to Branson, Missouri for my husband Sean's aunt and uncles 50th Wedding Anniversary party.  I will be completely honest with you...the thought of jumping in the car for the 3rd weekend in a row to be out of town while we are trying to get our house on the market and trying to start school was not something I was really thrilled about.  I knew the event would be great, but I was just overwhelmed with the thought of traveling...again.

Sean put it all in perspective for me.  When is the last time you have been invited to...or even have known a couple that has made it this long?  I couldn't think of anyone.  Pretty special isn't it?  That his aunt and uncle have made it this long.  Through many trials.  Through the thick, the thin.  Through sickness.  His aunt Sue has had a recent battle with cancer.  They have made it and we were there to celebrate with them!

It was an extremely hot and muggy night!  I tried to stay inside as much as I could....so I only took a few outdoor pictures.  Thank goodness for older nieces entertaining our kids outside!  The party took place at the National Institute of Marriage. I have heard that this place was gorgeous, but oh my word...was it absolutely beautiful.  So peaceful and serene!  It overlooked Lake Taneycomo and their facilities were top notch! 

We have never attended as a couple, but I have heard that their marriage weekends/weeks are quiet good!  My husband's cousin is the co-founder and his wife also helps run the facility.

We had a great time catching up with relatives that we haven't seen for a few years.  The kids have all grown up so fast and it was fun hearing what everyone was up to.  Such an honor to be able to take part in a weekend event like this!





No comments:

Post a Comment