Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Fun: A visit to Arbor Day Farms!

A few weeks ago we met a few friends at Arbor Day Farms in Nebraska City.  I am really surprised at myself that we have never taken the kids there.  It is only a little more than an hour away from our house.  The kids (and I) had a really good time....despite the temps being in the 30's.  We were ok when we were walking...but having a picnic lunch was a bit chilly.

Here are a few pictures from our walk through the tree adventure.  There were so many interactive things to do along the way.

Easton was trying to listen to the sounds of the forrest...no luck will all of the other noisy kids.
The kids climbed this tall tree house...can you see it through all of the leaves??
Katelyn-- one my map experts.
 The spider web:
Posing on a tree limb with a few friends.
Wes enjoying the nature walk.
There was also a little area where you could pick apples-- we didn't pick-- and then a corn maze.


We then walked over to the greenhouse area and we each got a tree to plant.  I believe ours are already dead....note to self...they need water.  Oh well.
Easton and his tree:)
Such a fun, fun day with friends!!
Note---if you live in the area-- go here.  There was so much more to this farm that I captured on my camera.  We are hoping to go back in the spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment