Monday, October 1, 2012

RV trip of a lifetime (as my mom called it)

I think I deserve a medal.  I slept on a top bunk, kitchen table curled up in a ball, and a single futon type chair.  I traveled over 2000 miles in an RV with kids who were constantly bored....a child who would just randomly scream AT THE TOP OF THIS LUNGS.  Showered in nasty shower houses.  Dealt with smelly dirty kids...AT ALL TIMES.

But all in all....we had a good time.

My parents invited the kids and I to take an RV trip of a lifetime to see my sister.  She lived in Alexandria, VA outside of Washington DC.  The trip kept growing and we added a couple extra stops along the way.  For the next week or so I will share with you our little adventure....and boy was it an adventure.

Let's skip to the main attraction...Washington DC.  I know most families do not have DC on their list of places they want to take their kids by the time they are out of the house....but honestly I think you should add DC onto your list.  I would NEVER want to live there....EVER.  I am not sure how anyone enjoys living there.  My sister does...I don't see it at all.  But to visit is an opportunity you will never forget...and very educational at the same time.  I can not wait to take the kids back when they are all in their teens.

We had one museum on our list to visit this time:  The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.  There is so much to see at this museum, I was worried about fitting it all in with the little ones....and then another museum was added to the list....so we didn't get to spend as much time there as I had hoped.

The first museum we actually went to was the National Air & Space Museum.  The girls were bored and the boys were just too young to actually enjoy this museum.  That is why it wasn't originally on the list.  But we went.  Here are a few pics from our visit.







The second museum caught their eye a bit more.  Here are a few pics:



The Hope Diamond
We then walked and saw the United States Capitol:

The White House:

Washington Monument:



My mom & I
Weston taking his sweet time eating a popsicle

The War Memorial (I think that is what it is called):

and the Lincoln Memorial:
We missed out on a lot of sites...but the kids' little legs could only handle so much.

Stayed tuned to see DC cupcakes...me running a 5k...sites from Chattanooga....travel pics from the road....and a day at the beach!!






No comments:

Post a Comment