Thursday, March 17, 2011

Conclusion of penguins and other things

This week we wrapped up our penguin unit and did other various activities.  
Bible Verse for the week:  
Ephesians 6:1:  Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  
Kind of an important verse.  Jocelyn already knew it (I just wish she would follow it all of the time). Katelyn learned this verse for the first time.  Of course I know everyone wants to see a video of them reciting their verse....so here it is!
 We finished up a few penguin activities I had.  We visited the Omaha Henry Doorly zoo and had a chance to see their penguins.  If you are ever looking for somewhere to vacation, you are probably not thinking of Omaha...but I am telling you...this zoo is highly worth the drive.  Check out their website and you will see why.  You could spend all day there!
 The girls learned how to play the March of the Penguins Wii game.  It isn't as fun as their other Wii games, so they lost interest pretty fast.  They have a penguin dancing game, a tobogganing game, and a swimming game.  I thought it was cute.
We then did a little activity where they learned the ending of several words and matched them up.  Didn't quiet go as planned.  Jocelyn knew all of the words and Katelyn didn't...and Easton didn't as well since he doesn't talk yet...so I might have Jocelyn do this by herself sometime.  Just got a little crazy with all of the little fingers wanting to put the sticks in the correct envelope.  I can not for the life of me remember where I got this download for these words.  So if you know, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!
We had our music and dance time for the week.  Really hard to capture a decent...non-blurry picture...so I am posting a video as well.
 I have these little foam shapes called tangrams.  The kids LOVE them.  We have used them for counting, shape, and color exercises. I looked into buying a tangrams pattern books, but thought I could just make my own patterns, take pictures, and project them on my iPad.  Much cheaper and the kids loved doing this activity.
Jocelyn is also working on counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's.  I used these little tiles that are numbered for this activity.  I snapped a picture of her working on her 5's.
We also played outside on the nicer days!  Here are the kids drawing pictures in the driveway with chalk.
Here are a few pictures of our picnic at the park with a few friends.  (Thanks Megan for the photos...visit her website if you are looking or family photos in Lincoln)

This blog has been linked up to the Homeschool Creations blog.  Check out her blog for more great activities!




No comments:

Post a Comment