Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pizza Fractions!

Jocelyn is learning about fractions in Math, so I thought it would be fun to teach her fractions using a pizza.  The girls first created pizza out of paper.  We were limited in colors, so they had to use a bit of their imagination for the toppings:)
We then cut the pizza into 4 slices and I taught them a little lesson on whole (1), 1/2, 1/4, and 3/4 measurements. 

 Since we cook a lot together and we will soon be starting our Kids in the Kitchen Unit, I thought I would relate the fractions back to a measuring cup.
I then had them demonstrate the fractions to me.

The girls enjoyed doing a little hands on activity, instead of just answering problems in their Math workbooks. 

I noticed a few other fun things I might try...from Pinterest of course!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment