Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reading directions scavenger hunt!

If you are a member of Pinterest, you probably know there are a gazillion ideas out there for things that you can do with your kids to help them with reading.  I came across a company advertisement that sold an Early Reader Treasure Hunt.  Me being a cheapo that I am, thought that this was a good idea, but there was no way I was going to pay somebody for flashcards when I could make them in less than a few minutes.  So I wrote down 10 different directions for each of the girls. 
Jocelyn's cards were a bit harder than Katelyn's.  I put their initial on the top of each card to show who the reader was.

They ran around the house (having fun!) and reading at the same time. 
Katelyn reading her first card...don't you just love their attire and hair?:)
I caught Kate's excitement when she found one of the cards.

Jocelyn reading the next direction.
 Fun how I can just sneak those little things in without them even noticing we are still doing school. 
Any fun ideas that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment