Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Apparently I am out of the loop with popular things...

I guess I don't watch that much TV or read very many reviews online about movies and books.  However, there has been quiet a few blog posts and article reviews about 2 very popular things floating around the multi-media world.  I am sure by now you have heard a little book called 50 Shades of Grey and a movie called Magic Mike. 

I honestly thought 50 Shades was a book about someone getting old or someone with a multiple personality disorder and we were going to see the many sides of this person.  I was so wrong...apparently.  Haven't read the book...and won't, so I guess I will never fully know. 

I thought Magic Mike was about Michael Jackson and his last days.  Maybe some concert highlights or something.  I was way wrong on that one too.  I guess Michael Jackson doesn't even make an appearance in this movie?  Hmmm... won't see this one EVER...so I probably will never really find out if there is even a small cameo with him. 

I am not here to judge anyone who has read/watched these two things.  That is Jesus Christs' job at the Judgement Seat of Christ.  It is between you and God...not me and you.  I am not a super-Christian.  I am not above temptation.  Believe you me, there are many temptations in this world.  I have seen many movies, that I knew little about going into them and regretting seeing them afterwards.

But if you are still deciding about reading this book or going to watch this movie....maybe you should think twice.  If you are a married women...would you be happy if your husband got together with a bunch of guys and either went to a strip club or went to a movie about a young girl trying to make it big in the stripper world?  I am thinking you would have something to say...and wouldn't be the happiest wife.  What if your husband decided that Play Boy was his choice or he decided to pick up the mans version of 50 shades of black or something?  I know I would be less than thrilled.  Ever thought about your husband (if you are married) and what he thinks about these two popular things? 

If you are a single women....do you really need these lustful thoughts filling up your mind?  Reading about two people fornicating?  How a romantic relationship (if you want to call it that) is supposed to be like?

I know I love having girls nights out...and would hate to miss out on a night out with friends...but hopefully I planted a little seed in your heart/mind to maybe sit this one out if your friends are all headed out to Magic Mike.  Is is really worth it?  Ask your husband.  Pray about it.

If the Bible guides your thinking on matters of this world...here are a few Bible verses that might help:

“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!” Matthew 6:22-23

 "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." 2 Timothy 2:22

There are so many more....

No comments:

Post a Comment