Sunday, April 4, 2010

MOPS!

If you have hung around me enough you know that I love being a part of my MOPS group! No it isn't a cleaning group--like one of my cousins thought.:) It is a Mother's of Preschoolers group. We meet at a church in Lincoln and mom's who have kids ages 0-6 years old can attend. We do many things such as eating a wonderful breakfast, craft, listen to great speakers, do community projects, and have just plain fun. I joined because I was not adjusting well to moving away from all of my friends from Omaha and I was just plain bored during the day. I had a few acquaintances from Kindermusik class that my girls attended, but no one that I could just call up and say-- hey want to go to the zoo today! Anyways, so I joined MOPS and was accepted by a group of some pretty awesome moms. At the end of my first year I was asked to be publicity for the following year. I would be in charge of writing the monthly newsletter and promoting events. I accepted and then decided to start a website for the group. This role as publicity coordinator has kept me busy. It is a lot of work. I took on the role for 2 years and have enjoyed being part of the leadership team at Christ's Place. Next year I have decided to step down from being on our steering team. I am thinking I will be pretty busy next year with homeschooling a preschooler, kindergartner, having a baby, and having a little toddler running around. I know for a fact that I will miss the team, but I am excited about just being a regular MOPS mom again!

1 comment:

  1. How am I not in that picture??? When was that taken???

    ReplyDelete