Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kids in the Kitchen...a family favorite!


One of our family favorites for dinner is Italian meat loaves....since it is a family favorite...my daughter, Jocelyn, loves to help me out on this one...I think it also might be the ooey gooey-ness of the process of making meat loaves...but I will accept the help.  I get out all of the ingredients and she goes to town.  I have to tell her how much to add of each item, but she always does a really good job. 

You can serve many types of sides with the meat loaves.  Most of the time I just make home made mashed potatoes, a vegetable, and some bread....other times if I substitute the ground beef for italian sausage, we serve them over pasta and sauce.

Recipe

Combine:
2 eggs beaten
1 cup of milk
 Stir in:
17 crushed saltine crackers
1/2 parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp basil leaves
dash  of pepper


Add:
1 1/2 lbs of ground beef (or italian ground sausage)


Knead everything with hands.  Shape into 8 small individual loaves and place in shallow baking dish. 
before putting in the oven...forgot to take a yummy post cooking photo!

**If making a non-italian dish we drizzle ketchup on top and the sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil.

**If making an italian meal, we just sprinkle italian seasoning on top and parmesan cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes

If I am feeling really motivated...I take them out at 35 minutes and throw them on the grill....this makes for an extra yummy grill flavor!

~~ENJOY!!~~




No comments:

Post a Comment