Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seasons of a Mother's Heart: Enduring with Grace

This is my last review for the book I have been reading Season's of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson.  I have really enjoyed reading the book and belonging to my friend Erin's online book club at: Home with the Boys.  You can read other book club member's reviews every Friday on her blog.

Chapter 12:  Enduring with Grace

There are quiet a few things that spoke to my heart in this chapter.  Probably too many things to list...

"Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.  For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised."  
Hebrews 10:35-36

This chapter focused quiet a bit on endurance....for born again Christians, endurance is bearing up under the weight of persecution, difficulties, sufferings...Biblical endurance is always forward looking...looking for the divine reward in the end.  It is active and purposeful.

With your kids...live one day at a time.

"When you are worrying about tomorrow, you are, in effect, saying that today is not worth enjoying."  pg. 228

I am guilty of this.  How often do I find myself thinking about the future and worrying about what is to come?  Probably everyday. 

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:27, 34

"Worrying, as the Lord Jesus Christ teaches, adds nothing to your life.  It only subtracts from your ability to live well today."  Pg.  228

Something for me to chew on.  A lot of things in this book spoke to my heart....a.lot.  I hope you enjoyed reading my reviews for this book over the last 3 months...now on to the next book...The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks...no I will not be reviewing this book.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment