Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What I am thankful for this year!

I have been thinking back to last November...a lot.  My precious little Weston James was born at the end of the month.  My family stayed at my parents house for 2 LONG weeks...waiting for his arrival.  My Dr. wouldn't induce me:(  I remember being grouchy.  I remember being really impatient.  I remember not even wanting to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I just wanted to be done and over with being pregnant and hold my sweet baby in my arms.  As November rolled around this month, I wanted to spend the month focusing on being thankful and teaching the kids about thankfulness.  So what I am thankful for this year...a lot!  Probably too many things to list.
Here are a few things that I am thankful for this year:

The Lord Jesus Christ.  Can I say more?  So thankful that he is in our lives.  I don't know what we would do without him.  He is provides for us.  He watches over us.  He protects us.  He is everything to us.

My husband.  My husband is my best friend...he takes care of us, provides for us, and means everything to me.  Love him to pieces.

My family.  My parents are there for us whenever we need them.  Don't know what I would do without them.  My boys are pretty smitten for their grandpa.  One day Weston will like my mom.  I know it is coming. :)  My sister who is always there (via the phone or e-mail) when we need her.  My aunt who treats our kids like they were her own.

Sean's family.  I love them as if they were my own family.  We are always welcomed with open arms...even though our family keeps growing...they still accept our kids (and us) for who we are...and for our overly excited kids when we do visit.  Love them..love them...love them.  So thankful to have them in our lives.

Our house.  I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads...and heat that keeps us warm during the cold fall/winter days.

Our church.  Not sure where else we would go that presents the gospel of Christ (the Bible) in a more clear, direct fashion...without a lot of hub bub.  Our church family, is like our own family.  Don't know what I would do without them.

Food.  I am thankful that God has provided me with the tools necessary to make meals for our family every day.

Facebook.  Ok...silly...but sometimes when I am all alone during the day in this small little village that we live in...it is nice to know that other adults are out there...and then I don't feel so alone:)

Homeschooling.  I am thankful that we live in a state where we can home school.  I love seeing my kids' little minds at work and seeing them learn something new every day.

My husbands' job.  Even though it is a pretty stressful job, I am thankful that in this economy he has one.  I wish he didn't have to travel as much...but it is what it is.  I am also thankful that he can accrue frequent flyer miles on his companies dime, that we can then use for personal pleasure.  Did I really just write that? 
 
Staying at home.  I am thankful that I am able and willing to stay at home with our little munchkins.  I can't imagine missing their firsts and being away from them while they are so little.  

Friends.  I have some dear friends that are taking the same journey as me with their own kids.  Thankful that we can bounce ideas off of each other and can just sit and talk about anything.

My camera.  I am thankful that I can capture the memories that we make together as a family.

This blog.  I know silly...but it is a journal for me...kind of public though...but it archives some of the fun things that our kids are doing and just documents our life...easier for me than scrapbooking and writing things down with paper and pencil.

The Y.  Daycare is included with our membership.  Need I say more?

Glue.  Scissors.  Paper. Crayons.  Do you know how many things you can create with those 4 items alone?  Thankful for the many different crafts that pop into my head that require these 4 little tools.

Our kids.  Raising 4 little ones have been the most challenging thing that I have ever done.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  They are the most precious gifts from the Lord Jesus Christ.
     Easton.  He now lets our dog out at random times throughout the day...without me even asking.  He also feeds him.  Praise the Lord.  That dog drives me crazy.

   Jocelyn.  She is a 2nd mom to baby Weston.  I know sad.  But she can make him happy...if my hands are already full.

    Katelyn.  I am thankful for Katelyn who provides us with much needed entertainment and drama throughout our day. 

    Weston.  I am thankful that our little boy is thriving....and is almost 1 years old!!  Love him! 

Psalm 107:1
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."




No comments:

Post a Comment