Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Season's of a Mother's Heart: Prayers from Home

Thank you for joining me once again as I digest the book Season's of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson.  You can read other moms' reviews every Friday afternoon over at my friend Erin's blog at: Home with the Boys!

Chapter 10: Prayers from Home
I am just going to quote a few things from this chapter that struck a cord with me.  I have no additional thoughts.  My mind is completely scatterbrained right now...and I am struggling with processing thoughts right now.

Pg. 185 "The one thing I wish I would have done so much more, was to have spent much more personal time with each child.  I let my duties of housework and life crowd out the heart time"

Pg. 185 "We compared our kids to everyone else's children and spent so much extra, wasted time on worrying about things that didn't count."

Pg.  187  "My life is not the center of the universe."

"Motherhood--the raising of godly children--invites intense spiritual warfare."

"God is transcendent, with infinite purposes beyond my finite comprehension."

"God wants to shape me, his child, into the likeness of Christ."

Pg.  188  "God uses my trials to make me better able to minister to other women.

"God uses hard times to make me stronger and more faithful."

Pg. 197  "Prayer is a means by which God releases more of his grace into my life."


Pg. 198  "If life were free of temptation, I would have no need to trust God with my children.  If life were easy, I would have have no need of God's grace.  But the plain reality is that life is dangerous and difficult, and we cannot survive without it."

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."  The LORD is good to those who hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.  
Lamentations 3:22-25


No comments:

Post a Comment