Monday, May 21, 2012

If I can do it...anyone can!

School is out and I am busy trying to get a few little things done before Summer gets into full swing.  There are so many fun outdoor things that I like to do with my kids during the summer, so I knew I had to get the ball rolling on a few personal items.  So during naptime on the last day of school I started with this:

a boring wall.  This is our extra bedroom down in our basement.  Next year it will be filled with school materials and we will do a majority of our school down there.   Jocelyn will be on the computer for a few things next year, so I didn't want her to be completely by herself.  Plus the toys in the toy room are driving me BONKERS.  So this boring wall.  I found several examples online of square patterns, different squares & rectangles combined, circles.  I like the square idea, but that would require a lot of measuring and I was not up for that.  I then just started using my laser level and started taping away.  I started with a few random vertical lines.

I then made a few random horizontal lines to form the rectangles and squares.

I put a little piece of tape in the middle of each shape and labeled it with a paint color.  I didn't want to have any of the same colors touching each other.
During naptime on the second day, I painted the first coat and then another coat after the kids went to bed for the night.
 One little tip I learned from Pinterest...line the roller trays with foil...wonderful....I have clean trays ready for another 

I pulled the tape up the next morning and whoola!!



Can you just say I was extremely pleased with the results.  I pretty much fail at any household type project....especially painting walls..so this is one for the books:)

No comments:

Post a Comment