Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why on earth did I not think of this before?

I love taking my kids to the Omaha Zoo.  It is ranked in the top 10 zoo's in the United States.  If you have been there, you completely understand why.  That place is awesome!!  We are lucky enough to live an hour and 15 minutes away from this wonderful zoo.  It is getting a bit trickier taking all four kids to crowded places by myself.  We try to go to busy places when public school kids are in school or during off peak times.  So why on earth did I not think about tackling this zoo when it is cold outside?  We had a decent day last week...a whopping 44 degrees!! Heat wave!  Most of the "cool" animals are inside, so we ventured to the zoo for a few hours.  Oh my goodness!  We had such a good time.  We were maybe 1 of 5 families there.  Maybe.  My kids didn't have to fight other kids to get a view of the animals.  Some of the animals seemed to be really excited to see human beings....a little baby gorilla put on quiet a show in front of us...and begged us not to leave...seriously...I am not joking...he clung to the glass and screamed when we walked away.  People started coming as the day progressed, but since the place is so large, we pretty much had it to ourselves.  It was great!  Here are a few pictures from our day....and a few links to our other visits:  HERE  & HERE!


Two--HUGE snakes!





My goofy kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment