Friday, February 3, 2012

Tortilla Hearts & Snowflakes

My creativity has been lacking this week.  We only played a few games and did this one semi-creative thing for snack.  I have been sick with various things from an intense sinus infection, exhaustion, cold, cough...lovely stuff...please don't e-mail me advice on how to get better...thanks.  My husband has just about the same thing as I do.  Thank goodness for the snow...maybe we can rest a few days and have an excuse not to leave the house.  So I am off to get our groceries for the week in just a bit with the kiddos, but I thought I would share this one food related activity this week....maybe you are going to be snowed in this weekend and want to try something that the whole family would enjoy!  I did this last year...and the enthusiasm was still there!

Ingredients:
Soft shell tortillas (1 for each person)
Vegetable oil or canola oil
Powdered sugar and other things to decorate the tortilla with...we used frosting spray and sprinkles.

Directions:  
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Warm tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds. 
Cut out desired shape.  We did 3 hearts and 1 snowflake.
Lightly brush the tortillas with one of the oils
Bake on a cookie sheet for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly brown
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and other toppings....and enjoy!!

As you can see from our photos...we are still in our jammies at 10am...and I don't think anyone has brushed there hair yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment